Adding a few indoor plants throughout your home is one of the easiest and most effective ways to elevate the look and feel of your decor. Don’t sweat the care details for these plants. We’ve put together a list of 9 common houseplants that are as easy to care for as they are beautiful.
1. Areca Palm (Dypsis lutescens) is tolerant to indoor environments. According to a NASA study, the areca palm filters impurities from the air.
2. English Ivy (Hederea helix) grows with relative ease and adapts to a variety of home environments. The vines have an elegant look.
3. Bamboo Palm (Chamaedorea) adds a topical flair any home and thrives in bright or low light.
4. Ficus Alii is resistant to numerous insects which makes it an excellent choice for the home or office.
5. Rubber Plant (Ficus elastica) is bred for toughness and tolerates dim light and cool temperatures. Its thick and sometimes colorful leaves make it an attractive houseplant.
6. Dracaena are often drought-tolerant with aggressive root systems. They grow well at average room temperature.
7. Pothos (Epipremnum aureum) is a great choice that tolerates low light, low humidity and cool temperatures. They are also great at removing indoor air toxins.
8. Peace Lily (Spathiphyllum) is resilient and easy to care for. It thrives in indoor temperatures, but keep it away from drafty doors or windows.
9. Boston Fern (Nephrolepis exaltata) is a relatively tough fern, with a higher tolerance for light than other species. They are also tolerant of dry conditions and easy to propagate.
No matter which of these great houseplants you go with, the impact they have on a room is instant and will never go out of style. Be careful though. Once you start adding plants to your home, it can quickly become your new favorite hobby–one we fully endorse! When you’re ready to add more, check out these 8 Beautiful Blooming Houseplants that are just as easy to care for.
Plant run, anyone?