Tim from Scotts Miracle-Gro shows you how easy it is to plant a fall vegetable garden with the kids that will fill their lunch boxes with wonderful fresh veggies.
- For raised beds, loosen soil and turn it over by adding a combination of Miracle-Gro® Potting Mix and Garden Soil.
- For in-ground vegetables, amend your native soil with Miracle-Gro® Garden Soil.
- Make troughs and plant seeds at depth and spacing as recommended on the packaging.
- Water deeply.
- Feed germinated seeds every 7-14 days with Miracle-Gro® LiquaFeed® Tomato, Fruits & Vegetables.
- Later in the season, be prepared to cover and protect your fall vegetable garden with frost protection fabric in the event of light frost.
- Harvest and put that fresh food to use, whether it is in your kids’ lunchboxes or on your plates at dinnertime!