Made with vegan mayo and fresh cabbage, this tasty, colorful slaw is the perfect balance of creamy and crisp. Chickpeas add protein and a surprisingly nutty flavor! Serve alongside veggie burgers or grilled veggie skewers, or bring it to the next family gathering.
Yield: 8 servings
- 1 cup vegan mayo
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 8 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 2 tablespoons sliced chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Stir together mayo, vinegar, salt, and pepper in a large bowl. Fold in cabbage, chickpeas, carrots, and chives. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Adjust seasonings, if necessary, before serving.
Recipe and photo by Julia Rutland